About the Manufacturers’ Coalition
To become a catalyst for strengthening community manufacturing; accelerating transformation into a more efficient and powerful engine of innovation, job creation and economic growth.
The Anoka Area Chamber of Commerce is the regional Manufacture Advocate. We are offering a unique member cohort experience addressing workforce issues. Expect to interact with like-minded leaders in manufacturing while identifying AND developing real time solutions to challenges around workforce needs.
What we know:
- Today, the greatest common issue is around workforce development.
- Secondary issue in high regards; continued need for operational excellence.
- There is common need for collaboration.
- There is value in sharing resources and having one central point of contact in the region.
- A local organization (like AACC) is better suited to or could be better plugged into the needs of manufacturers.
- We have an opportunity to play a role that could alter/ develop/ grow our community organizations with this initiative.
We would expect the following activities to represent the ROI
Manufacturing 2014/15 work outline:
- Facilitate a series of relevant programs
- Respond and advocate for issues that are of concern to manufacturing
- Create and facilitate a networking opportunity to serve the needs of membership
- Establish a code of conduct to guide the group.
- Create an online database representing local sourcing options for members.
- Take direction/ deliver outcomes from committee chair, committee and manufacture members.